Thursday, June 10, 2010
10 Reasons For Installing An Anti-spyware System
While the World Wide Web is a blessing in many ways it presents dangers in the form of spyware, adware, trojans and so on. While adware most often is not dangerous spyware can monitor your movements and your privacy is at stake.
Thieves can use the internet to steal bank and credit card information or important files form your computer system. Once spyware has entered your system it is time consuming to remove it.
So, it is important to adopt systems that protect your computer at all times like anti-virus software or anti-spyware systems. The reasons you need to install anti-spyware systems are many but the most important are:
1. A serious security breach can mean loss of business or even bankruptcy. Information on the computer system that contains financial customer information can endanger not just you but your customers too.
2. Cyber theft using spyware systems can destroy your personal or business credibility, customer base, and sales.
3. When a business is dependant on online traffic downtime due to infection by viruses or the effort to remove spyware can be a huge set back.
4. Important business plans and valuable research and marketing data destroyed by spyware can be devastating. Stealing files of a computer is like stealing a person’s or business’ intellectual property.
5. The existence of wireless connectivity can compromise your otherwise secure networks. Identity theft can give a criminal free access to your network of clients, as well as sales and financial data.
6. Spyware attacks can destroy your future goals and plans and put your family under threat. Personal information stolen off a computer can be used for criminal or illegal activities apart from indiscriminate use of bank accounts and credit cards.
7. Spyware can track your online activities and this can be sold to your competitors causing loss of sales and customer base.
8. Spyware systems can help competitors learn of your discount schemes or special offers well before you are ready to launch any marketing promotion. This means that you are exposing your business strategy online and giving others ideas that would have lead to increased profitability.
9. If you are in path breaking research of some kind your work could be stolen or data corrupted through spyware systems. This means years of research could be vulnerable and your standing in the scientific community could be compromised.
10. Spyware can expose your personal finance and investments to thieves and you could loose your nest egg because you failed to protect your system from cyber thieves.
The list of dangers due to spyware is endless and experts advice that the computers personal or business should be like an impenetrable fortress. You should be able to enjoy the joys and convenience of the World Wide Web without loosing your sanity and exposing yourself to cyber thieves.
By: Arthur Raise
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com